Which one is better

aksingha

I want to buy a low cost 7x50 binocular and found two them from celestron-"Celestron 7x50 Multiuse" and "Celestron impulse 7x50", but confused which one to go for.I know they are priced very cheap and not much can be expected but i do not want to spend any more as i am saving up for a telescope.Will any of these give a satisfactory result.

351v8ko.jpg

The "impulse" appears to be a "no focus " type labelled as "Up Close No Focus" on the Celestron U.K. site ( David Hinds ). Personally I did not get on with these types as it relies on your eye being able to do the focussing. I cannot find any info on the Multiuse one. I strongly suggest that you visit the dealer(s) and try them out before buying.

Nigel

The "Multiuse" looks like it is a United Optics BF4. This, in the 10x50 incarnation, is the one that is sold under lots of different brand names (and the one Lidl does on special offer a couple of times a year). Quality varies widely, but they all share one characteristic: the aperture is stopped down internally to an effective 41 or 42mm. They are also very susceptible to bumps (prism shift).

Archived