Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Problem with dec motor set up on EQ5 SynScan

Cgpb99

CAN ANYONE OFFER ADVICE on my new (second hand) mount. It is EQ5 with SynScan and the Dec Motor does not seem to be performing properly

1. The HA tracks constantly - which is what it is supposed to do according to the manual

2. When given a goto instruction the HA motor starts instantly, the Dec motor clicks but does not engage

3. The Dec motor can be instructed manually from the hand set but it usually takes a couple presses of one of the Dec buttons to get it to engage

4. When the Synscan is in goto mode (to do an alignment or find an object) It shows the following apparent order to movement

a Driving the Ha motor to degrees (seems fine)

b Driving the Dec motor to degrees (shows on the handset but does not drive the motor)

c Driving the Dec motor to minutes (seems fine)

d Driving the Dec motor to minutes (seems fine)

Problem sorted through trial and error

My power source was not delivering enough juice - when hooked up to the 12v in the car (engine running to avoid a spike) the mount works just fine.

Would anyone have the power specs this mount, EQ5 Pro Synscan, requires and a recommendation for a reasonbly priced generic powertank that meets the specs?

Thanks

Chris

OK a wee bit more info

The EQ5 Pro draws 2 amps (which my power tank should deliver) - it turns out the extra long power lead (5m?) delivered with the mount is burning up too much power in the delivery from the PT to the mount. A shorter cable delivered with the tank works perfectly (ca 2m)

Archived