Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

B&W re-chipped Toucam

moondog

I'd bought this B&W re-chipped Toucam over 2 months ago and because of the weather I hadn't been able to use it on the moon. Which is why I bought it in the first place.

Last night looked like the last chance for a while as there was only a thin sliver of the moon left.

Set up the Toucam on the C8 & wedge. There was a haze around the moon plus some thin high cloud and the humidity was very high. Not ideal for a first try but I've been getting stir crazy.

Got the dew strip going on the C8.

I've not used a webcam before and hadn't tried processing AVI's so I didn't have high hopes.

I used K3CCD for focus and capture. 1/500 sec at 10 FPS. Each image a stack of approx 300 frames from about 500. Stacked in Registax 4 and tweaked in PS. Didn't use any noise reduction or smoothing on the images.

Pleased with the first images. The blacks really are black and the 1/500 sec exposure made the best of the seeing. Seems a low noise webcam.Can't wait for some decent skies to try it with a 2x barlow for close ups

MD

Archived