NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Digiscoping?

I was after something to take a quick snapshot of my EP's view, not proper imaging.

After searching the net for a while the same phrase kept on appearing "Digiscoping", it appears that there are many ways of attaching smartphones to lenses.

I found the Orion Steadypix adapters rather expensive for what they are and there are far more expensive options out there! However I managed to find a less expensive option, an iphone4 Digiscoping kit costing £30.

If anyone else out there is after a not so expensive iphone afocal adapter then I will be updating this post with an unboxing once it arrives.

Apologies to moderators if this is in the wrong place, I'm still new to forums!

I am curious to hear how you get on with it. A number of people attempt to take photos with their smart phone by hand through my scope each month at the Baker Street Irregular meetings in Regents Park. Perhaps this will offer a solution, as handheld results have been poor.

Archived