NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Handset cable for HEQ5 Pro - Anyone using one?

cygnusx1

Will a cable i bought and tested on my Celestron CG-5 GT handset work from my laptop to the Skyscan handset.

I want to autoguide using a Meade DSI, but don't want to plug the cable in and damage the handset or motors :?

P.S i also bought a std USB to DB9 adapter, as i don;t have a serial port on my laptop - i heard the adapter needs a specific pinout :smiley:

Well You could try talking to Bern at Modern Astronomy. I had a celestron cable, but when I got my HEQ5 Pro thought I could use it but was told no-needed a specific cable ! And yes you will need to specify a port when installing the s/ware for the USB-serial converter. I hope that helps Cynus. Just to add I am sooooo impressed with the pics you posted and the fact that it was unguided.

Karlo

Well You could try talking to Bern at Modern Astronomy. I had a celestron cable, but when I got my HEQ5 Pro thought I could use it but was told no-needed a specific cable ! And yes you will need to specify a port when installing the s/ware for the USB-serial converter. I hope that helps Cynus. Just to add I am sooooo impressed with the pics you posted and the fact that it was unguided.

Karlo

Drat, oh well more money to fork out then! :shock:

Thanks Karlo, no where near what i would like my images, but they're improving at least, hopefully :smiley:

Archived