NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Issues running Lakeside focuser in Focusmax

Martin-Devon

I'm struggling to connect my Lakeside focuser up to Focusmax. I open up Maxim, put the CCD on simulator mode, generate an artificial 5 star image, then open up Focusmax, now put this in simulator mode as per the manual - then when I go to do a simulator-driven First Light Wizard or V-curve, I just get error messages. I've tried with the focuser setting in Maxim either disconnected or connected to the Lakeside, but just the same issues either way. The Lakeside will connect to Focusmax alone though (so independently of Maxim) since I can "jog" the movement of the focuser in/out but that's as far as I can get. I've also tried it outside on a real star (rather than just in simulator mode) and the same issues again, just get error messages.

If anybody has any tips or advice, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Per, I've attached 3 slides showing (1) how I've set up the linkage in the settings between Maxim, the Lakeside & Focusmax, (2) the error message when I try to run the First Light Wizard in simulator mode and (3) the error message when I run a V-curve in simulator mode. As I mentioned above, exactly the same happens when I try this in a real star.

In the Focusmax "help" document there is a section that suggests how to handle this "run-time error 91" which involves going into the ASCOM Profile Explorer and deleting a specified file; I've tried this several times and it makes no difference.

So any clues you may have as to what's gooing on and how to solve it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin

error1.pdf

error2.pdf

error3.pdf

Hi Martin!

Step one would be to back down to Focusmax 3.6.0.77 which I know works. Second, Maxim shouldn't even have a focuser connected - FocusMax does that and uses Maxim to shoot the images. I have, however, never run it with a simulator, but as you say, you have the same problem with a real star.

/per

Archived