Sunderland Astronomy

Hello there people

Haveing just oredered my first telescope after many years of putting it off, wacthing stargazeing live really made me want to see these beautiful planets for myself.

A skywatcher explorer 130 (eq2) Newtonian reflector.

I have been a bit nervous of asking anything on the forum from fear of been laughed at, sorry im sure your not that bad.

But after a few bottles of stellar and some led zepplin i hve picked up the couraged, now what i wanted to ask is

is anyone a memeber or been a member of sunderland asronomical society and how is it ? I checked the website before buying a telescope

but i am a nervous person and will feel a bit silly joining up.

Any advice would be much appreciated

chris

Appologize for the grammar.

The SAS are meeting tonight from 7pm ( Sunday ). It's a workshop night, which is basically bring your stuff along and learn how to use it, ask questions, talk astro stuff, and do a little observing if it's clear. I'll be the one in the big fleece flying jacket. We're all a friendly bunch, so come along and have a chat. If you have gear already, bring it along. We meet in the Visitors Centre of the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust in Washington.

Archived