NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Quick question re mount assembly

Hi all

I'm pleased to say that all my boxes turned up this morning and I'm in the process of putting together my HEQ5 Pro and ED80.

I'm guessing there will be more questions coming but the first one is about mounting the rings.

On the mount instructions it had me attach the bar (is it a dovetail?) by the tightening of two black wheels into a cut out section onto the "top" of the mount. It then goes on to say that you can screw the tube rings into this.

I have opened the scope box and the rings are already bolted to something that looks near identical to what I have attached to the mount already but it also has 4 bolts in exactly the right places to bolt onto my existing bar. Do I need to bolt this onto the existing bar or is it a replacement for it?

did that make sense?

thanks in advance.

if memory serves me well the tube rings are already fitted to the dovetail. those 4 bolts are for adjustment. try a google for dovetail adjustment screws on youtube to explain how this is done. i think astronomyshed has a tutorial on youtube for this. hth

scott

Archived