Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Spilt Milk in the Sky

Hello

Last year, when we didn't have this constant blanket of white clouds over the UK, I saw Orion's Nebula for the first time through my Celestron 8SE using the 25mm standard eyepiece.

The only way I can describe is that it is "Spilt Milk in the Sky".

My afocal clamp thing should be arriving soon to try out a bit of projection photography through the eyepiece - I found that using a direct T Mount to DSLR was a bit disappointing as without a bit of digital jiggery-pokery things like Saturn are tiny in the pictures and barlow lenses just mucked it up completely. Any sort of photography through a Nexstar is going to be difficult as the single arm means that the whole scope wobbles about at the slightest of sneeze - but reasonable results can be obtained with a bit of persistence and Adobe Photoshop.

A few pictures can be found at my blog astronomy page

http://cyber-research-uk.blogspot.co.uk/p/astronomy.html

Hello

Last year, when we didn't have this constant blanket of white clouds over the UK, I saw Orion's Nebula for the first time through my Celestron 8SE using the 25mm standard eyepiece.

The only way I can describe is that it is "Spilt Milk in the Sky".

My afocal clamp thing should be arriving soon to try out a bit of projection photography through the eyepiece - I found that using a direct T Mount to DSLR was a bit disappointing as without a bit of digital jiggery-pokery things like Saturn are tiny in the pictures and barlow lenses just mucked it up completely. Any sort of photography through a Nexstar is going to be difficult as the single arm means that the whole scope wobbles about at the slightest of sneeze - but reasonable results can be obtained with a bit of persistence and Adobe Photoshop.

A few pictures can be found at my blog astronomy page

http://cyber-researc...astronomy.html

I have the same OTA but on an EQ mount and I always use an eyepiece projector for planetary imaging.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived