Anybody still here via the BC Effect?

I know I am. It started a few years ago with the wonders of universe shows. I was merely a casual observer then. I didn't even know what a star actually was, never mind much else. I think I knew about Polaris and that's it.

After the first series of Stargazing Live my interest grew enough to join a local society of which I am now a regular. I will never lose interest in this now because there is so much to learn.

I wondered how many other members got here the same way.

Same here. Always enjoyed looking up into the night sky but never really took it any further. Then stargazing live/Wonders combined with Brian cox's enthusiasm just made me look at things differently. Hence twelve months later and much consideration I got my first scope! Good times

I was always saying for years that i was going to buy a telescope, and it was Stargazing Live 2012 that actually made me go out and get one. Hoping this year is going to kind of refuel my excitement again, not that i don't enjoy it as much as i did then, but its nice to see and hear things about people doing Astronomy, as other than this forum, i only know 1 other person interested.

Archived