NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Starlight Xpress Lodestar question

ArmyAirForce

I just got the SX Lodestar Autoguider a couple of days ago. Amongst the various descriptions on the web about the camera, several of them said it can be used as a monochrome planetary camera in addition to guiding. I loaded the supplied software, and also PHD for guiding. Looking at the supplied software, I can see how to take single images but can't see any option for AVI's for planetary work. Can it be done with the supplied software, or is there another piece of software I can use to shoot planetary AVI with the camera ( ideally free software, as my bank account is cleaned out now! )

It won't shoot AVI's I'm afraid.....perhaps the description of it as a monochrome planetary camera is simply because it has a small sensitive chip?

It will shoot very short exposures, and has a fast download time, so could be used as a planetary camera in that sense I suppose.

Cheers

Rob

Archived