NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

OAG + DSLR, Do they work?

nmoushon

As I can't afford a CCD camera the next reasonable upgrade for me would be to get into guiding. But I've only seen them with CCD cameras so I was wondering if the work/connect with DSLRs? Not as a guide cam of course.

As I started looking into OAGs and Guide cams I noticed that there was quite the selection to choose from. My budget isn't huge but its not set in stone either. Would like some pointers as to what are some good brands or specific products that are good to start at. For both OAGs and Guide cams.

Thanks for any help.

Ah ok thanks. That makes since. Guess I wasn't sure if certain things got in the way or not. I know I dont need an OAG but by the time I buy another scope, rings, new plate I can buy an OAG for about the same price and with a fraction of the weight. Since I dont have a permanent setup and have to travel an hour just to be able to take pictures I'd prefer a light set up. Which is why I'm going with an OAG instead of a guide scope.

Archived