SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

200mm Skywatcher Dob remount

AstroAdam

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol... yes ive asked a few questions in this thread - for links etc to the parts bought.

Im serioulsy looking to follow the mods in this thread, but i would like to see some links / costs to I can see what the layout is + the heq5 mount.

appreciate your answers and future comments.

considering the pain in the ass of nudge nudge nudge on the dob im jealous.

Check out my website www.mauton.co.uk so you can see what ive done so far with webcam.

Questions (this time round)

1. Can you attach a guider scope to the heq5 pro in the future?

2. Would appreciate a few photos of your setup.

thanks again.

lol... yes ive asked a few questions in this thread - for links etc to the parts bought.

Im serioulsy looking to follow the mods in this thread, but i would like to see some links / costs to I can see what the layout is + the heq5 mount.

appreciate your answers and future comments.

considering the pain in the ass of nudge nudge nudge on the dob im jealous.

Check out my website www.mauton.co.uk so you can see what ive done so far with webcam.

Questions (this time round)

1. Can you attach a guider scope to the heq5 pro in the future?

2. Would appreciate a few photos of your setup.

thanks again.

1. The capacity of an HEQ5 is 18kg. The tube with rings and dovetail and finder comes to 9.5kg approx. I have a 2 kg guidescope ready, but am going to use my standard 9x50 finder for guiding for now until I sort a side by side double dovetail, as I think mounting the guidescope piggy back may make the scope difficult to balance. The camera is another 1kg approx. wouldn't want to put too much more on than that.

2. Will sort some when I next have it set up. Anything in particular you want to see?

Cheers,

Adam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

any problem with balance ???? i put my dob +1100d on heq5 pro and cant get it to balance,

At the moment, no, i don't seem to. but I may need to add some more counterweight when I add the guidescope...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 9 months later...

Photo 13 10 2013 13 41 22

Photo 12 10 2013 20 54 46

Finally nearly a year after reading this post - Ive upgraded my mount to a HEQ5.

So this is my 200p scope (from the dob mount).... 

I just need to take the lugs off the mount to help with easier rotation.

Anyone here using EQMOD for moving the scope?

Also any questions from anyone just ask.

Archived