Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

advise on Minox HG 8x43

Bender

After some considerations i think i should go with a 8X bino to complement my old Dekarem and my scope. I struggle to keep the Dekarem steady with its 10x and dont really wont to go down the mount route as this wouldnt be a big change from my TV102 on a simple alt az mount.

I love a good design and have seen a (very) view positive remarks about the Minox HG range. Could anyone comment on the HG 8x43 (or 8x52) modell ?

Acecameras have them on their website for a good price.

I was looking at the Nikon AE and Pentax PCF 8x but both are over akilogram wheras the Minox weights a mere 660g.

Tried a set of Minox a few years back and they were very good, think the ones I tried were 8.5x, odd value so I remember them, and they have several ranges.

They came a close second to Leica's and beat the Nikons and Swarovski's which were twice the cost.

As you say nice weight as well.

I started to wonder if I should go for a save choice like the Leica Trinovid 8x42, they are 1/3 more than the Minox but have a good rep. Are there any other alternatives I could consider in this league?

Archived