NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Composite sequence of Europa in Transit across Jupiter 29/11/12

ejwwest

Interesting to see how the images change with different stacking etc. Would you be willing/able to add some details of what you did for each one?

Very nice set though.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

That's an interesting question, indicating I need to be more systematic in my processing. The upper and lower sets were captured with different computers (as one ran out of disk space) with slightly different IC Capture settings (mainly gain but also white balance, which sort of shows up in the colour casts). In AS2 the processing was meant to be the same but again, the two computers came up with somewhat different results. In R6, I then use RGB Balance on auto and then RGB align before using the same basic wavelets but then I play around until the sharpness looks ok. Then I put through PSE 8, using Auto Levels and unsharp mask (trying to get reasonably round Europa and shadow).

As I said, I ought to be more systematic about this and use common settings.

Archived