NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help with squeaky goto 250px base.

Hi all,

I hope someone here can help me.

I have a Skywatcher 250px goto dob.

The problem I have is the azimuth axis has become really difficult to move manually (push to not with the handset) and it squeaks really loudly when moved by hand. I have just read on here that there is a tension/friction screw that adjusts the amount of resistance for this axis somewhere in between the two discs that make up the base.

So my question is this: Can anyone point me to a guide for making this adjustment or at least a step by step guide on dismantling the base so I can get at this adjustment screw(s)?

I have had a quick look under the black cover on the base but it was not obvious to me how the base comes apart.

If there is no guide available on here I will take photos of each step for my own future reference (and rebuild) so I will make a thread describing my steps as I’m sure I’m not the first person this has happened to.

If anyone else has this problem, as an FYI I have emailed FLO (where I purchased the beast) about this problem and dismantling the base DOES NOT invalidate the warranty on the mount which was my first and main concern.

Thanks in advance for any help in getting my new toy back in full working order!!

Regards

Greg

Archived