SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Planning tonight's session

olander08

The weather forecast finally looks promising, so I'm going to start my new project tonight. I would like to make sure I'm on the right track, as it's going to require three night's of effort. The plan is to make a simple mosaic of Andromeda consisting of three images, taken with the gear in my signature. I will be taking exposures until my battery runs out, so I'm looking at around three hours more or less on each panel. I figure that I should start with the middle panel tonight, taking some 20 or so one minute exposures for the core (should I take more?) followed by a number of five minute exposures.

As this is going to be the first attempt at a mosaic for me, I would like to know if there are any things I should keep in mind so that the process goes as smoothly as possible and no valuable time is lost?

Archived