NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Collimation - 190 Mak Newt

Hey could you guys give me any advice on the collimation of my scope? Been playing with the Cheshire and it seems the ring on the primary is central to the cross. I had to remove the mirror when i found out a spider thought it was a great place to weave a web, fortunately with the mirror being curved most of the web was suspended above the mirror and was able to peel it away. There's a few strands left and It's dirty but i want to see what any images are like first before i try and clean it. Anyway that's the background, here's an image looking down the focuser. The ring on the secondary (highlighted in red) isn't centered with the primary, does it need to be? Also please say if anything else is glaringly wrong. Thanks.

post-6643-0-30259600-1352657752_thumb.jp

Will be interested to know your outcome. I've been looking at mine and have no idea. Can't see all the centre dots very well with the Cheshire in. When looking down the focuser the secondary looks offset so I adjusted it but when I put the Cheshire in it was way off. Might be something to do with the scope design.

Archived