EQ3 pro synscan assembly

Hi guys, just a question about assembly of my EQ3.

Does the telescope get attached with the tightening screws to the left or right of the telescope (looking from

Above)? The instructions show the screws on the right, but all pictures show them on the left.

The instruction leaflet for the assembly is pretty hopeless, and the synscan instructions are even worse.

In the home position should the dec control box (where the lead goes in) be in front or behind the telescope mount?

Thanks

I got it all set up outside last night, after a trip to Maplins to get a power adaptor (I have a power tank on order). Aligned the mount nicely to North.

Did the 3 star alignment- first star Vega, it went straight there, same with the next two stars- then the clouds rolled over and I couldn't see a thing!

I managed to have a good play with the mount though, and I think it's brilliant.

I made the mistake though of setting up the mount and telescope at sunset (so I could see what I was doing the first time) and everything got covered in a heavy dew (especially my Telrad),

Archived