West South West, what to see?!

Download Stellarium and you'll be able to judge for yourself in the furture, Fordos, but for now may I suggest M 56, move on to Albireo and slowly go through some of the beautiful clusters in Cygnus (just glide your scope slowly around the constellation) until you arrive at M 39, then sweep back down to M 27 and on to M 71. That should be quite enough excitement for one evening. Might be a nice idea to slow up and really take in just a sight or two and the best way I have found to do this is to sketch a little which helps train the eye and paces one's observation session.

excellent start mate , only another 108 messiers to go, good hunting also a lot of the nebs and galaxies look better in the wider eyepiece [andromeda for example is excellent in bins but high powered scopes can make it disapear as your looking through it into the core ] so your 25mm ep may be better for messiers , also the 10mm skywatcher ep isnt as ood as the 25mm although i find it alright for a starter ep

Archived