Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Newbie going to USA. New EPs!!!

Rumpelstiltleg

Hi to you all,

Yet another new member. I have been browsing the site for a month before posting. Very impressed with the depth of knowledge and help on offer.

I have just retired and have gone back to my teenage interest in astronomy. I have a WO FLT 110 APO triplet for imaging and am awaiting a 10inch ODK from Orion Optics for visual. I had a CT10 Newtonian for a year but decided to change it for something lighter. The Newtonian was just brilliant but I live on Merseyside and the nearest dark skies are in N Wales so portability was becoming a problem. Hoping the ODK will be easier to use.

Have full set of starter EPs and a Televue 21mm 2in Ethos with the Televue 2inch dialectic diagonal. I am so impressed with the 21mm Televue I am thinking of getting the 8 and 13mm EPs in the USA next week. They are about £100 cheaper over there. Any thoughts any other options.

I have access to dark skies on Mt Teide, Tenerife occasionally and was planning on taking the FLT 110 over there. Do the members have any recommendations on CCD cameras for DSOs? Any info on BGIG or ATIK cameras?

Regards to all, Mike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Mike and welcome to the site from another newbie. You are absolutely right about the information and help here. Very nice set-up you have already and I agree with your leaning towards Televue EP's. With those discounts the other Ethos EP's certainly look attractive.

Very envious

Steve

Archived