Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging Source DMK41 & Firmware

DrRobin

Hi,

I recently took delivery of a DMK41 for solar Ha work, as did KE400. He didn't have any problem but with mine it over-expossed really badly in a solar Ha scope. Montana pointed out that some DMK41s require a new firmware and you have to email your serial number to IS where they check the version and send you a link to download the latest version.

I did this, they asked me if I had tried everything and sent me a link. I downloaded and ran the program and it gave the usual warnings about how you might goose the camera if the procedure is interrupted during the firmware upgrade. I am fairly used to this, we upgrade our gear at work all of the time, just make sure it is on a stable power supply (battery or UPS is best), that all 'auto-updates' on your PC are turned off, or even off the network altogether and then go for it.

The program gives you a status and warns it may take some time, it did and you don't know if it has frozen, so go make a cuppa and be patient.

At the end of a couple of minutes the program screen changed and it told me it was successful. Now the long wait of a week until I had enough sun to try it and I can report it has fixed the problem.

Well done to Montana for pointing this out and full marks to Imaging Source for replying to my support mail quickly.

Archived