Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Modded DSLR + CLS CCD + Narrow-band = ?

palebluedot

Hi Guys,

I am about to include some narrow-band into my imaging and need a bit of advice. I am currently using a modified Canon 1100D (both filters removed) with a CLS-CCD clip attached. My question is this - Will I have to remove the CLS-CCD when adding a narrow-band filter to the optical path or can I get away with leaving it in? Or will it depend on the wavelength of the narrow-band filter?

Thanks in advance.

Narrow band filters only let through a badum-tss! very narrow band of light. So you don't need a light pollution filter in use with say Hydrogen alpha filter. Otherwise they would overlap and H-a would still block most part of what CLS lets through.

Narrow band filters only let through a badum-tss! very narrow band of light. So you don't need a light pollution filter in use with say Hydrogen alpha filter. Otherwise they would overlap and H-a would still block most part of what CLS lets through.

Thanks Dipper. That's fine. My main reason for asking, which I should have put in my OP, is that the CLS-CCD clip adds a convenient layer of protection for the CMOS. If the cost of leaving it in is minimal then I would prefer to do so. Not to mention that it is a pain in the rectum to refit.

Archived