Vixen na140ssf

vlebo

I dropped a client off just a block away from The Widescreen Centre this morning so I popped in to see what was new. They had a Vixen na 140ssf mounted on a NEQ6 and I must say it looked the business. Bigger than i thought it wouild be but just oozed class and had a lovely finish to it. It made the Celstron C6 RGT that was parked next to it look positively cheap and nasty.

I know it is only a 140mm aperture scope and not even an apo and at £1300 plus mount and tripod i could get a Flextube 300p or a 350p which in reality are probably just as portable and I could see much more at a dark site, but there is something about a big refractor that draws me in like a moth to a flame. It doesn't make sense but me likey.

speaking of large frac have a look in the classifieds :)

Pretty decent price. The equivalent APM model (which still uses the LZOS lens) is close to £8k new. I have 2 of its smaller brothers and the optics really are first class. But for now, I have my eye on something a bit bigger...

Archived