NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

:( help please

Hi,

Was a nice clear night last nite and the moon was right so got some good viewing in. However I then decided to try and shoot it with my 400D and the prime focus method. Using a t-ring and adapter I could not get focus throught the whole range of the focuser ;)

Any ideas where I may be going wrong?

It all depends on which way you need to move the focuser to achieve focus,

If it`s inward there is not a lot you can do without expensive mods to the focuser. Although you could try a focal reducer

If it`s outward then you need a spacer between focuser and camera, if you have a barlow with T thread try that (also try it with lens unscrewed)

HTH

Mike

It's likely that your camera is too close, in that the telescope is designed to bring the image to focus in an eyepiece at the end of a diagonal (usually) and you've probaby taken that off to plug your camera in. If this is the case you need to get special adaptors which extend the length and will move the camera back to where it can focus.

Archived