Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Messing around

cstew

Needed a little peace and quiet, so I grabbed a camera and escaped from the house to mess around taking a few pictures of the moon.

Sony alpha A200, sigma 75-210mm lens, f/5.6, 1/1000th exposure. First picture as shot, second processed and tweaked in photoshop elements.

DSC00858.jpg

DSC00858-edited.jpg

Not bad for a few minutes work, I think I managed to pick out quite a bot of detail in post-processing, just need to get my camera hooked up to my scope and see what I can do with that! Any tips or tricks for better lunar photography would be greatly appreciated. Note: I didn't use my best camera/lens and no tripod, I'm sure that may have improved things a bit.

I had a quick go at tweaking the exposure a bit, then reset it and actually forgot to redo it again! I didn't get much time to experiment with different exposures etc. as the clouds were rolling in and the rain was starting, just part of the joys of living in northern britain!!

Archived