NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

dew heater strips

i am buying a dew prevention system from flo and i have a 10"ssw i am buying the 4 port controller and was wondering how many straps i would need,i have a diy dew shield but do i need one for the eyepiece if so i assume 1.25" because thats the eyepieces i use and do u just put a strap by the secondry mirror to protect it which i find is the worst for dew its for star party and dont want to not have enough straps and at the same time have limited funds so dont want any un necessary purchases.hope some one can help thanks sam

The strap on the secondary is a bad idea. It will mostly heat the air and create terrible tube currents. The only way to heat a secondary is with a plate from behind and in an enclosed secondary holder. With an open back, as with a stalk-mounted secondary, you'll get poor heating and tube currents.

Archived