NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Moon 26th September

majestic0110

taken last night:

69 shots, Canon 500 EOS DSLR.

used old telescope, Celestron 102 SLT (so magnification approx 25x). There were a lot of intermittent clouds last night so I didn't want the hassle of setting up my larger Equatorial scope, as I was not sure if I'd get a chance to take a shot!

Technical details:

f/0, exposure time 1/1000 second, ISO-400. Resolution 4752*3168, jpeg format.

Stacked using Registax!

post-22920-0-94866500-1348770288_thumb.j

Very nice. Plenty of detail and very nicely focused.

There is a bit of a halo around the moon's eastern limb though - possibly an artifact from processing? There is a recent thread about a halo around a Jupiter shot, which maybe a similar cause?

Great picture though, well done.

Very nice. Plenty of detail and very nicely focused.

There is a bit of a halo around the moon's eastern limb though - possibly an artifact from processing? There is a recent thread about a halo around a Jupiter shot, which maybe a similar cause?

Great picture though, well done.

Thanks a lot Buzz,

Yeah I noticed that halo myself and I was trying desperately to reduce it. Trust me, previously it was much worse!

It came about as I stacked the images in RegiStax, so possibly my alignment was slightly off or I over-processed or something. I am not quite sure...

Anyway, thanks very much for the kind words!

Phil

Archived