White light Sun, 19th September

JamesF

Another day, another frenzy of cloud-dodging after I got back from doing some work on-site... The seeing was iffy at best; very unstable. Hopefully it will sort itself out for tonight.

Anyhow, shot 120 of 1/1000th @ ISO100. Processed with PIPP, stacked 60 in Registax v6 and finished in Photoshop. I also tried Registax v5 for the stacking. When I compared the two I was surprised to find that the v5 one was way better without question. Then I realised I'd got the images the wrong way around :) What I thought was the better v5 one was actually the v6 one.

sun-2012-09-19-small.png

Looking forward to seeing what the next few days bring if the weather allows. There are definitely some interesting-looking (perhaps quite large?) groups creeping around the limb.

James

Oooh, well spotted. I didn't pick those up earlier. Not entirely at my best this evening, not having got to bed until gone 3am, then up at 7am to help get the kids off to school and a fairly physical day's work :) I'll have a look to see if I've introduced anything odd somewhere.

James

Archived