NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pacman test in Ha

perfrej

The balcony obsy is taking shape and getting better every day. I now have the 10Micron mount running well on it and am testing longer subs and more automation. Cloud sensor should be here by week's end and I have sown a protective cover. Any ideas for a balcony dome? I'm thinking maybe not possible, but I will think some more and see what I can come up with in terms of design. Last night, as I was in the middle of choir rehearsal and about at bar 23 in Francis Poulenc's "Un Soir De Neige", CCD Autopilot cooled the camera, focused, slewed, plate solved, adjusted (not much ;)) and fired away in Ha at the Pacman Nebula. Exposure was set for 6 x 10 min and 6 x 15 min in order to see how the unguided performance is with my new 15-star pointing (and tracking) model. I haven't really processed it much, but nonetheless, the stuff seems to be working OK. I'll add more data to this over the coming week and see what comes out.

6x15 min and 6x10 min, Tak FSQ106, Baader 36mm/7nm filter, SBIG ST-8300M, 10Micron GM2000HPS, unguided. Flats and Bias in Neb3, reg/int/stretch and ACDNR in PI, curves in PS. No star reduction!

All the best,

Per

Full res JPG: http://filer.frejvall.se/PacHa-1.jpg

PacHa-1-800.jpg

balc2.0-800.jpg

Archived