Deepsky Stacker no longer available?

I've been trying to get an upgrade for DeepSky stacker and I can't connect to any sites which have links. All links for the program are down.

I'm wanting to upgrade to perhaps rectify a problem I'm having.

I have taken and stacked some nice shots of the Milky Way from my region. Now, whenever I try to stack images the final result appears with the bright stars in place but a star trail field over the entire finished shot. It's really annoying as I can't get any clarity im the finished image.

Any ideas?

I'm assuming I made one simple change somewhere wehn I had a migraine (I always have a moigraine) and I honestly don't remember changing any settings. I've been over everything.

The program seems to be calculation a star trail image instead of a clean image??

Here's a former attempt, but I can not reproduce this result now, not even using the original RAW images used in this result.

L-R_MilkyWay_4-9-12-13mm_2.jpg

Why can I not edit my spelling mistakes in my original post?????????

I hate spelling errors but it happens all the time with my stupid keyboard with little spacing between the keys.

Yes, I watch my keys as I type, it shouldn't happen!

Thanks Danielle (I hope I got that right)

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at deepskystacker.free.fr.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I keep getting this with everything to do with DeepSky Stacker. I've checked "Downforeveryone" and according to that site the sites are indeed down. Perhaps you are getting to a site but are you actually able to download the program?

No problem at my end with the connection. I have tried firefox and Internet exploder and both give me the same problem. The site "downforeveryone" states the site is not just down for me (not reachable for anyone online) and IE diagnostics says it's a problem with the site, not my connection.

It appears the site is blocked somewhere, possibly by my ISP.

My son used a proxy (zendproxy.com) and got the latest version for me.

Thanks folks!

Does anyone have any idea with the star trails?

In some images I would like that effect but not with the Milky Way, which is my target.

Archived