How to dismantle celestrom 15x70 binos?

My binos ware stored for a while and now they got fungus on the inside of the lenses.

So I need to dismantle, clean and put it back together.

Does anyone have a link showing how to dismantle the Celestrom 15x70s or similar binos?

Not 100 % sure for yours but my Bino front lens just unscrewed (they were very very stiff).

The eyepiece ends were a little easier, simply unscrewed the centre screw and the two EPs pulled out (tight fit). Remember to make a note of any part that fall out like washers etc.

I'd not suggest removing the prisms or you will loose Collimation and that will mean they'll be useless.

Be careful not to get any grease/lubricant on any glass/prism.

Thanks guys.

Tried to unscrew the lenses without any luck. The screw tread is visible, but there are smears of glue around the frontal lenses, it looks like they ware glued at the factory.

The binos are still usable in day time but there seams to be some loss in image quality at night.

I should have have saved up for those nitrogen water proof pentax binos, at least those would be ready for the climat conditions here. Now I'll end up buying them anyway and loose the money on the celestrom ones. Buying cheap can become expensive... :)

Archived