NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mathematica for Image Processing - Pretty Powerfull

Hugechris

I am really enjoying this topic.

I have just started learning Mathematica and have a long way to go, but hope to write a stacking routine that can autoalign and stack images for noise removal, and hopefully for super-resolution. I'm finding all your posts so helpful!

Thanks!

-Peter

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting thread :)

Although I do have have Matlab I'm not keen on it as I much prefer to do everything in C/C++ using multi-core (multi-thread) and cuda, mainly because I like to be able to build a single .exe file that does all the things I need of it. But yes it is certainly slow going doing your own coding compared to using packages like Matlab etc.

I do like your results Chris! .. very interesting!

I've just been writing a routine to try and remove the background bias from images, although this is only the simple method I know, it's rewarding getting it working in C/C++ ..

Without background removed ..

post-20192-0-34543600-1351155360_thumb.j

With background removed ..

post-20192-0-61684300-1351155387_thumb.j

I am really enjoying this topic.

I have just started learning Mathematica and have a long way to go, but hope to write a stacking routine that can autoalign and stack images for noise removal, and hopefully for super-resolution. I'm finding all your posts so helpful!

Thanks!

-Peter

Thanks for the feedback. Mathematica is very rewarding and gives a lot of back for your money.

Will keep posting the results as they turn up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Interesting thread :)

Although I do have have Matlab I'm not keen on it as I much prefer to do everything in C/C++ using multi-core (multi-thread) and cuda, mainly because I like to be able to build a single .exe file that does all the things I need of it. But yes it is certainly slow going doing your own coding compared to using packages like Matlab etc.

I do like your results Chris! .. very interesting!

I've just been writing a routine to try and remove the background bias from images, although this is only the simple method I know, it's rewarding getting it working in C/C++ ..

Without background removed ..

post-20192-0-34543600-1351155360_thumb.j

With background removed ..

post-20192-0-61684300-1351155387_thumb.j

Thanks for the feedback.

Some nice image visualisation tools you have there.

CUDA is a great way to speed up all those array calculations, I don't have the time to invest in building C++/CUDA exe's. Though with some of the memory usage of some of the Mathematica native image algos I am finding I am, coding more and more of the Mathematica library with custom routines.

Currently working on a image filter that identifies star trails and rejects / accepts images based on the size of the star trails. This will save the manual filtering I am doing at the moment.

Will update everyone soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have been writing my own image processing tool in Java. I'm focussed more on image analysis at the moment but I have always fancied writing my own stacking/darking/flatting routine :-)

Archived