Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Speedgraphic

DirkSteele

Over the last 2 months I have been putting together an airline portable scope set up. Given my (should that be my girlfriends?) requirement that the tripod and mount will fit in my checked suitcase rather than taking additional baggage, the tripod was proving to be an issue as many astronomical tripods are just too long. After consulting a number of forums I settled on the Gitzo Series 5 6X 5532S Carbon Fibre tripod (62cm collapsed length, weight 2.8kg, rated to support 40kg).

I ordered the tripod on a Sunday evening from Speedgraphic, received an email the next day stating the item had been dispatched, and it arrived (well packed), on the Tuesday. A smooth and hassle free transaction.

On Monday this week I emailed Speedgraphic customer service as I was looking for a tripod bag for when using the set up in the UK. My email:

“I recently purchased the Gitzo GT5532S Systematic Tripod from you and I am interested in purchasing a tripod bag for it. I do not intend to carry any tripod head with the tripod. I am trying to avoid buying a bag that would be too large for the tripod. Which would you recommend of the bag listed on your website (http://www.speedgrap...ag/11117_p.html) as I am unsure whether the dimensions listed are internal or external?”

On Tuesday this was the response I received:

“Good morning.

I have been down to the warehouse to try a few and the recommended Gitzo bag is huge! Although the width is ideal, it’s miles too long.I have found the best fit to be the Manfrotto padded bag 80 because it’s tapered. You could also use the non padded version. Although there would be room for ball head, there isn’t a huge amount of excess space.

http://www.speedgrap...ag/11080_p.html

Kind regards

Gilly”

I placed an order immediately after receiving this response, the item was dispatched the same day, and arrived the following day. Excellent customer service, and rapid dispatching of items.

Archived