Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ScopeTeknix 10 piece Eyepiece kit

NickW

Does anyone know anything about this eyepiece kit? How does it compare to the Revelation kit? Its a saving of approx £40

http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/ScopeTeknix/eyepiece/10pcaccessory-kit.html

from the description:

The 12mm and 15mm eyepieces is manufactured by GSO, the most respected optical equipment manufacturer in Taiwan (Meade Instruments is one of GSO's largest customers), and normally sells for £29.99 on its own! The 20mm and 32mm are from sky-watcher. All the eyepieces each have four optical elements (arranged in two groups) with fully anti-reflection coated edge blackened glass optics with anti reflection nose barrels. All metalwork is lightweight aluminium with black anodised bodies with rubber anti-slip grips.

Also included is a set of 4x colour filters.

Violet 47, Yellow-Green 11, Moon ND25, Red 25 and Orange 15

Nick

The box looks nice, but personally I would prefer to get just a couple of better quality EP's, than 4 so-so ones. Having said that I have 2 GSO EP's but they are mainly for digi-scoping and have built in thread for DSLR T rings and so serve for another purpose. I use the BST Explorers mainly for visual work and find them very good.

Having just bought a scope and mount (150MAK & EQ5 pro) I don't have a huge budget: like many I guess. So I was looking at the sets and the Hyperion Zoom as that way I would get flexibility; admittedly at the cost of some quality. I do want to get into AP so being able to connect via T-Ring is a bonus. I was hoping someone might know what the best option between these two set might be. I am thinking if there is not so much difference in quality then the cheaper ScopeTeknix set would be the way to go.

Archived