NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Medium to High Power Eyepiece Recommendations

Hi all. I created a post a few days ago about low powered eyepiece recommendations and quite few people said the GSO 1.25" 32mm EP is very good. What I now want to know is what about med to high powered. Are the other GSO 1.25" EP's in the med-high mag range just as good or should i look to another make? Again my budget is around £50 each.

Sorry, I forgot to add that I've got a sw 200p dob. Also I've just realised that i have asked a rather broad question. I guess the main thing I wanted to know is whether the GSO EP's were good quality across their range.

Can't really talk about GSO as I haven't used any. However for that price range (50 each) you can get 2nd hand Televue plossls or Baader Genuine Orthos for the high mag planetary EPs. This EPS have a very high quality and reputation so, if you ever decide to get wide field EPs, you'll be able to resell this for the same price you bought them.

I presume it is the f/6 200P, so a 6mm eyepiece will give you 200x.

If you went for the GSO plossl again then you get not a lot of eye relief, necessary if you wear glasses.

As alternatives you have the TMB Copies from Skys the Limit at £39 each.

The BST's at £47 each, again Skys the Limit

Celectron X-Cel at £69.

Lacerta Planetarys at £47 at 365Astronomy.

Size, would suggest something like a 7mm or 8mm, most do one or the other, some do both.

Archived