2" ep diagonal

Hey all, and sorry for the noob question but if I wanted to use a 2" ep on my f6 200p do I need a diagonal or is it a convenience and comfort thing?

I'm interested in a panaview if that makes a difference, but I've also noticed telescope house do a range of revelation 2" ep's for 40 quid, which seems like a bargain. Or are they more suited to be bookends?

Many thanks as ever

Diagonals are only needed in "straight through" scopes such as refractors and Cassegrain-like. In a Newtonian, you might not reach focus. A 2" focuser is all that is needed. I think in some skywatchers that means replacing the rear end of the barrel of the focuser (2" and 1.25" barrels usually supplied with the scope).

Yeah, mine came with a 2" focuser and the adaptor so I'm good to go, then!

Just curious if anyone has any experience with the Revelation range from Telescope House tho? At £40 they seem to good to be true...

Yeah, mine came with a 2" focuser and the adaptor so I'm good to go, then!

Just curious if anyone has any experience with the Revelation range from Telescope House tho? At £40 they seem to good to be true...

I have the GSO 32mm digiscoping EP of which the Revelation is a rebranded version I believe and so far so good, not overly brilliant, but for the price more than acceptable

Archived