which telescope

hi i live on the coast

and wondered which small refractor i could get for looking out to sea but my budget is under 100 quid any suggestions reall apprecoiated also want to use for looking at planets sometimes

thx in advance

If it's for terrestrial use you may be better of with a spotting scope or small Mak as they have the image the correct way up without the need for extra equipment. I have mentioned this scope a couple of times on this forum because I had the chance to try one and found it quite good and at this price is cheap too. http://www.rotherval...cope_d3890.html

I imagine Skywatcher and Celestron will make a 70mm refractor for about your asking price. To view planets, other than seeing them like stars, you'll need a little magnification, say around 120x to 150x, so you should be looking at refractors with a focal length of about 700mm. Again, the aforementioned companies do supply refractors for around 100 quid with those requirements. Hope this helps?

i agree that a spotting scope may be the way forward. you might be able to pick up a Nikon RAiii for around the £100 mark these days... fairly good for the price, and fully weatherproofed.

Archived