NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Is anyone else looking forward to the upcoming nasa NuStar mission? Some good and revealing data should be sent home about fascinating high energy celestial objects. Hopefully some observation of X-Ray binaries should also be done.

Is anyone else looking forward to the upcoming nasa NuStar mission? Some good and revealing data should be sent home about fascinating high energy celestial objects. Hopefully some observation of X-Ray binaries should also be done.

This looks like a very exciting mission (http://www.nustar.caltech.edu/) looking for black holes, active galaxies could well shed some light (x-rays !) on the questions of what lies in the centre of galaxies and hopefully test some of the ideas of super massive black holes and their effects on galaxies, search for "primordial black holes". This could provide some clues to the big questions such as the "Dark Matter" effect on the rotation of galaxies and beyond.

Could well provide some great areas in the sky to look for gravitational lensing for us Amateurs on the ground.

I want to get some pictures of NuStar as a satellite that must transiently orbit near the earth on its way to higher orbit. But, this may involve imaging during broad daylight. So, I am trying to develop an easy way to use my photo-imaging software to take rapid fire multiple images and superimpose them to give an enhanced contrast image of NuStar as it passes overhead. This has already been done but, the method uses hardware and software that I do not think is really necessary. And, I have not heard anything about it since it was announced a few years ago. I think it may now be classified. I would love to publish a quick and dirty method that would help torpedo the infinite tendency of governments to classify everything.

However, I need to know the exact sky coordinates and time of fly-over here in northwestern Wisconsin.

Archived