NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I Saw The Egress Of Venus

stickbow

Hi All

Well I got up at about 3.15 and the sky was cloudy but dry so I loaded all the scop stuff into the car and drove to

Delapre golf course, the top corner is very high and gives a good view from North to South East so I set up my Skywatcher

150 pro and pointed roughly it NE, the cloud was thick but about 4.20 it began to get brighter and about 5.10 I could clearly see the sun popping out behind the clouds now and then so I found it in the main scope (with a badder filter on of course) and I saw some sun spots and focused in on them.

Then came a huge cloud that took ages to clear and although the sky was bright there was no sun visible then at about 5.50 the clouds cleared and the sun was brilliant so I looked through the eypiece and adjusted it to find the sun again (about 3 seconds)

and I saw it, Venus was a 3/4 circle at about 3 O clock in the view finder which was angled slightly so I could see through it.

I tried to get a photo on my Iphone but no good so I just watched it as it left the sun and when it was gone I gave a good cheer.

Yes I saw it albiet for about 3 minutes but I saw it, I hope others did as well.

Good viewing... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived