Neq6 First Night Teething Problems

Hi all,

Had an hour out last night which was first with my new NEQ6, set it up ok, polar aligned ok, and did a one star alignment using my 26mm plossl eyepice on Arcturus, then asked it to move to Saturn and then onto M13 which it did very well indeed both objects were as close to centre as you could get.

However I then parked the scope in its home position turned it off and then pluged in the EQDIR and tried it with stellarium, and It was miles out, asked it to go to Saturn and Saturn wasnt even in the 9x50 finderscope, so what did I do wrong or not do that I should have.

Over all I am very pleased with new mount.

Kev.

I don't use EQDIR but I would assume that Stellarium would need to be configured to the same home position. The mount itself always knows where it is, because it knows where it is starting from but does the view of Stellarium start from the same place? Like you I am interested to know the answer to your question as I want to start connecting my NEQ6 in the same way.

James

Stellarium set to the correct time/date/location allowing for BST?

Yes both are exact date and time and lattitude & longitude and yes both are set to BSt

I don't use EQDIR but I would assume that Stellarium would need to be configured to the same home position. The mount itself always knows where it is, because it knows where it is starting from but does the view of Stellarium start from the same place? Like you I am interested to know the answer to your question as I want to start connecting my NEQ6 in the same way.

James

How do I set a home position with stellarium?

Kev.

Archived