Horrid weather still haven't been able to get out since my first night of opening my scope.

well anyway i have been reading around, i may have overlooked a thread, but i understand a 2x Barlow doubles the focal lens.

How would the image be, as i said in another thread, i could just make out Saturn.

Would the barlow give it more of a sharper look or make it closer, also what is the best Barlow for my heritage 130p?

The Barlow doubles the magnification and can be used with all your eyepieces. This saves you buying more eyepieces. Disadvantage is that Barlow almost always degrade the image. It won't improve the quality of the image, it will make it look bigger because you are increasing the magnification.

Simon

I have the same scope and I bought a GSO X2 barlow after reading a lot of good reviews on t'interweb

I looked at Saturn the other night and I could see the rings,what could you see?

The Barlow doubles the magnification and can be used with all your eyepieces. This saves you buying more eyepieces. Disadvantage is that Barlow almost always degrade the image. It won't improve the quality of the image, it will make it look bigger because you are increasing the magnification.

Simon

cool

I have the same scope and I bought a GSO X2 barlow after reading a lot of good reviews on t'interweb

I looked at Saturn the other night and I could see the rings,what could you see?

I just made out its ring either side. it wasn't a sharp image but you could tell its was Saturn and i was just using my wide angle. I will look up GSO X2 any good link you could recommend.

Archived