Astro Professional 28mm UWA 2" eyepiece. An Aero clone?

My first post. Hello you guys. Quick thanks for all the useful info I've already gleaned from the forum.

OK - I've got a Flextube Auto 200P on order from TS, and I'm going to get a nice WA for it. It had come down to a two horse race b/w the Aero ED 30mm and the William Optics UWAN 28mm (which I'm slightly worried might unbalance the scope).

Bu on the TS website, there is this one - the Astro Professional 28mm UWA-82° 2"

It looks like the Aero and has the same specs, but is MUCH lighter. Is it a clone? I can find very little about it online.

Any advice appreciated.

The Astro Professional 28mm UWA-82° is a clone of the UWAN and the Skywatcher Nirvana. Orion (USA) do an identical version too. Just buy the lowest priced and get the same eyepiece !

These are much better corrected than the Aero ED's by the way - very close to Nagler performance, even with fast scopes. Much bulkier and heavier than the Aero ED's though.

Welcome to the forum, by the way !

Archived