Shanghai pictures, reasons to be cheerful....

Stu

Whilst browsing for some other photos (caterpillars for those of you who visit the photography forum! :(), I found these pictures from Shanghai. It is an amazing city and I have some other wonderful pictures from there so I don't intend to be overly negative about it, but these illustrate the pollution problems they have.

Reasons to be cheerful? We may complain about Light Pollution in the UK, but at least we don't have to content with pollution in it's true sense to the same extent. It must be a challenge being a stargazer in conditions like this.

Stu

post-19420-133877782431_thumb.jpg

post-19420-133877782436_thumb.jpg

My! Arent these English clouds glorious! lovely fluffy fast (annoyingly always their when I want to set up) and moving clouds that eventually ... at the end of the day ... always clear.

I would hate living in Shanghai. Astronomy is my escape from the stress of work.

I need it.

I think we take for granted our weather and lack of pollution.

Thank you.

Archived