All set up

Unfortunately that's the nature of observing this time of year with such short nights. Just think ahead to the winter months when you can get some serious observing time in - that's when the knowledge starts to build up and will be certainly worth the effort.

Clear skies

James

Hi Jason I know what you mean. Its not the greatest observing at the moment, will get better in a couple of months. There is always something to see though. Galaxies will be a bit of a challenge at the moment. Planets, clusters may be a bit easier. Clear skies.

I'm loving these Spring evenings. Around midnight, temps drop to a cool 22º, the world falls asleep and turns off their TV sets and sitting room lights and filthy motor engines and the world, at last, is at peace.

I was looking at the moon from about 9 pm onwards, then Saturn came out to play by about 9.30.... Then I had a break and went blackout at about 11 to polar align and looked at m3 and m5 and split a few doubles. I'm no expert but there is still plenty to look at.

Archived