NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Somewhere up there

Finally, a Friday, although I still had to get up early this morning, but I had an hour to play with my new AdtroTrac. I took my time setting it up, well about 10 minutes I solar :(. Polar aligning with my 3 way head wasn't too bad, would be easier with an geared head, but it was ok. My redsnapper took the weight with ease.

I was aiming to shoot coma berenices but I'm now sure I managed that accurately enough, but, you know what, that's ok, it was good to try the at and my 50mm f/1.4 and be out under the stars when the sky wasn't as damp as a swimming pool.

I had a good look around with my savannah ed binos whilst I was at it, hmmm very nice.

So heres the result

wide50atfl9x5.jpg

Next I guess I need to try it with the 70-200 and sort out a battery power supply and I'll be all set for travelling :)

All these new toys to play with... :(

I would point the Astrotrac with the 50mm towards Cygnus Deneb/Sadr... laods of lovely red stuff...

I was star hopping with the 200mm last night testing the revised focusing technique - just about managed to squeeze in the targets but need to get better at it...:)

Peter...

Archived