NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Burnham-On-Sea, Somerset

ccbmedic

Hi Guys & Gals,

Does anybody live close or in, Burnham-On-Sea, Somerset? I'd like to know what the levels of light pollution are like in the area. The childrens home have allowed me to tag along on a break theyre going to have down there. Im just wondering if it will be worthwhile to take some gear with us.

Best Wishes,

Chris:icon_salut:

Hi Chris

Burnham will be equivalent to what you have in Lowestoft, ie not bad but as a busy(ish) seaside resort it has its fair share of light. However the great thing about Burnham is that it is a short distance to Exmoor which has some of the darkest skies in the UK. Not sure about your travel plans, but if I was off to Burnham, I'd be taking my gear!

I live in Bristol and my only concern would be light pollution to the north in the form of Weston-Super-Mare and perhaps even Cardiff and Brsitol (apologies!) but more importantly to the south, light pollution from Minehead and Bridgewater. To the east is Wells and Glastonbury which are generally dark sites but I suppose more detailed advice as to how bad the light pollution is will have to come from someone who actually lives there.

James

Archived