Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Legacy Astrophotography: Milky Way Panorama

Nightfly

Fantastic image Jim!

I have used Ektachrome extensively but not recently, a very accurate film and cooler than Kodachrome. I have several (non-astro) friends who think all astro pictures are false coloured, this image proves the opposite.

I use to do my own E6 processing, are the chemicals still available?

Do you use any additional equipment for such long exposures?

Not having a LP problem must be like AP heaven. :(

Tony

Hello Tony, Thank you for the nice comments. Ektachrome 200 is very stable over long exposures and it pretty darn accurate overall. As for all astronomy images being false colored, one need not judge from their own eyes as they are a poor detectors of faint light. Have your friends try to see a full color print in a very dark room!

Chemicals are still available as E-6 films are still produced and will be for some time to come. There are many E-6 labs around in large cities. You just have to send out for services if they are not in your neighborhood.

One of the big advantages I have are the dark skies here at home. Without that, none of these images would be possible.

Thanks again.

Jim

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived