stargazing tonight ?

its going to be 20 degrees at 10pm and 16 at midnight where i live (stevenage)

i have a 130p scope ... just wondering what sorta session i could plan ?

the only planets visible tonight that i can find are mars and saturn ...

i would like to find a galaxy but with the lp there isnt much chance ...

question im really asking is - what could i find tonight up in the sky that would amaze me ?

M13 is very good at the moment if you have views to the east. Biggest globular cluster seen from uk and i find it impressive in my 130p. M3 is another globular that is in the south east and impressive. You should also be able to see m81 and m82 near ursa major.

HTH,

Sion

i would love to see m81/m82 but ive had no luck atall with them as of yet ... its going to be my aim for the summer in the garden late at night with the girlfriend and a few drinks haha

i have a great view of all the NE/ East mainly / SE

what galaxies could i find here ?

could someone provide me with a list ?

The main things in the east at the moment are M13, M3, M57 the ring nebula and M92. M13, 3 and 92 are globular clusters and appear as nice round grey smudges with stars resovable around the edges. If you download stellarium, free software, it will show you exactly where you can find these.

Sion

Archived