My intent was to get a shot of Saturn but it disappeared behind the house before I got set up. So I just had a mess about with some long exposures (20 seconds) @ high ISO. I was impressed with how many stars showed up, more than I could see visually.

This is just a simple shot of Arcturus. Processed in lightroom to desaturate, darken, remove noise etc.

It's not going to win any awards but was a huge learning process and has given me a base line to build on.

7258557244_cfa0f44265.jpg

Arc to Arcturus by Mark1970Vintage, on Flickr

well done, you path to the dark side is complete! LOL. Perhaps list your equipment used and camera setup for reference.

It is amazing how much more a camera will pick up with fairly short exposures, than our eye's with even a huge scope. Just wait until you try something with colour in it.

It was orangey red but so was the whole background sky due to lp. I didn't have time to go into full photoshop so just did a quick and dirty in Lightroom. As someone said, I'm sure my journey to the dark side will continue. I imagine it as much about post as getting the actual shot(s)

Archived